Subject: RE: AVI Builder
From: "Tyg (Timothy Albee)" <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 1996 14:35:04 -0700

------ =_NextPart_000_01BB2ADB.CA3D73D0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I told a programmer here at Sierra Online about the lack
of .AVI compilation programs out there, so he wrote a
windows app that will compile them using .BMP's or
24-bit .TGA's, and uses any compressor you have installed
in windows.  Do you think many people would want this? =20
And, if so, do you think at least some of them would register?
If any of you have some burning need for one and have any
suggestions about some desired options let me know. =20
Hopefully we can get this out on a web-page pretty soon.
It's not thoroughly tested either, so if anybody wants to test
it, let me know that, too!

Abso-bloody-lutely!!!
All the artists around our development platform use Macs and this little =
program released by Macintosh called Convert to MooVie.  It does just =
what you're talking about but for quicktme and on Macintosh.  Only =
problem is what we produce in the 3D department is tricky to get over to =
the engineering department since the rest of the studio is centered =
around quicktime.  They've got a program that'll convert .AVI to =
quicktime, so havin' a program around that'll make AVI's from a series =
of images would be worth its weight in gold to us.

Hey, if your friend could include the ability to read IFF images, and =
gather the information about the pic from the file header rather than =
from the extension, that'd be wonderful.

And while we're at it, if he could have it so if it encounters a gap in =
sequence #'s it would either pretend the gap didn't exist or pad frames =
to account for the gap (depending on user's request) that would be most =
excellent.

How 'bout quicktime support or the ability to go from .avi to image =
sequence?

All of these things we run into a need for on a daily basis, and our =
company for one, would most definitely register a program that would =
make life that much easier in the creation of Multimedia. =20

Chao!

Timothy
--
Senior 3D animator,
Media Station Inc.

------ =_NextPart_000_01BB2ADB.CA3D73D0
Content-Type: application/ms-tnef
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

------ =_NextPart_000_01BB2ADB.CA3D73D0--